|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
Mistresses is an American drama series based on the 2008–10 British series of the same name about the lives of four female friends and their involvement in an array of illicit and complex relationships. This adaptation was created by K.J. Steinberg. The series was originally set to premiere on May 27, 2013. However, ABC announced that Mistresses would premiere on June 3, 2013.
Cast and Characters[edit | edit source]
Main cast[edit | edit source]
- Alyssa Milano as Savannah "Savi" Davis
- Rochelle Aytes as April Malloy
- Yunjin Kim as Karen Kim
- Jes Macallan as Josslyn "Joss" Carver
- Jason George as Dominic Taylor
- Brett Tucker as Harry Davis
- Erik Stocklin as Sam Grey
- Rob Mayes as Mark
Recurring cast[edit | edit source]
- Cameron Bender as Richard
- Penelope Ann Miller as Elizabeth Grey, Sam’s mother.
- Shannyn Sossamon as Alex
- Mike Dopud as Olivier
- JoBeth Williams as Janet, the mother of Savannah and Josslyn.<sup class="reference"
- Tehmina Sunny as Natalie Wade
- John Schneider as Thomas Grey
- Matthew Del Negro as Jacob
- Kate Beahan as Miranda Nickleby
- Corinne Massiah as Lucy Malloy, April's daughter.
- Dondré T. Whitfield as Paul Malloy, April's husband
- Hina Abdullah as Mysterious Karen Kim
Development and production[edit | edit source]
In February 2012, ABC announced that it had green-lighted Mistresses with a direct-to-series order and a planned summer 2013 airdate. Thirteen episodes have been ordered. K.J. Steinberg wrote the pilot episode, which had previously been under consideration for a pilot order for ABC’s fall 2012 schedule.
Casting announcements began in early March, with Rochelle Aytes and Jes Macallan being the first actors cast. Aytes portrays April, a widow and mother of one, while Macallan plays Josslyn, a real estate broker and the youngest of the women. Yunjin Kim came on board the project in mid-March in the role of Karen, a psychiatrist who is upset over the death of a patient with whom she was involved. Alyssa Milano completed the lead cast when she signed on to portray Savannah, a married lawyer and older sister to Josslyn.
This is the second attempt by a network to import the British series to the U.S. In 2008, Lifetime announced it was developing the series, but it never made it to air. The Lifetime version also starred Aytes.
Episodes[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Mistresses - The UK version.